Thread: i'm back

Default i'm back

After bitterness from yet another lockout, i've slowly been drifting back. Liking what i've seen in Francis and the way he's building the team. Of course they'll probably have another fruitless season as far as post-season, but i think he has a clear destination and he's taking big steps in that direction.

I haven't spent a penny on hockey since the lockout, mind you, but i did watch a handful of games on the tube last year and after moving to Charlotte a year ago and the Checkers now moving to Bojangle's, where my family had season tickets in the early '70s, nostalgia will probably take me to a game or two.

I may not post much, but hi.

Honestly, there's not a lot of posting here these days. Hope you have a twitter account. But hey, welcome back

Shell is offline I can see your five-hole Forum Admin
    All Star

welcome back!! We missed ya!

IceSun is offline He Knows Lines Aren't Permanent Starter

Hey man, great to see you back!

Thanks! Yeah, seems pretty dead around here these days. Maybe it picks up when the season starts? If nothing else, Shell and i can exchange birthday wishes when Punxsutawney comes out to play...

All Star

it ebbs and flows for sure. Happy belated Mo, I bet Irbe had a good one too!

You too!

Welcome back! Just don't bring your namesake with you.

Hey, i have a question for any of you who may have accounts on the official Hurricanes forum (are we allowed to talk about that site here these days?). I registered an account there a month ago, but after a good 40-50 attempts, i've been utterly unable to sign in there. I've seen a couple posts where people have mentioned having problems logging in, so i'm not the only one, but i'm obviously having more trouble than they are because they're posting about it, while i can't get that far...

Any time i'm on the site and try to log in, once i submit it just goes back to the same page with 'Sign In' still at the top right. The only way i can get it to go through at all is to go back and open my confirmation email from them and log in using the 'log in here' link there. This takes me to the forum index page with my bright, shiny user name at the top-right with 'Sign Out' beside it. HOWEVER that's as far as i've ever been able to go - i click ANY link from there, be it a forum header, my profile link, anything... and i'm logged out. Haven't been able to post there once despite reading the forum and trying to log in multiple times a day. Is there some secret handshake i'm not using? Are there perhaps browser issues with Chrome or something?

Apologies if i shouldn't be discussing this here, but i can't bring up my issues there. And contacting an Admin there garnered me no response.

All Star

Have you tried cleaning out your cookies and cache and restarting your browser? I would highly recommend running ccleaner. I don't log-in over there though so have nothing else helpful

I think SuperDave used to read and/or post over there. I'm not sure he still does, but he might be familiar with some of the gotchas.

He does. Might not be a bad idea to send him a message, yes? I'll do that!