Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: You Will Be Missed Shawn (Canesluver)

She's leaving tonight but they're flying back early Saturday morning and out again early Sunday morning so they'll be here for the service.

I wanted to thank all that came to Compass Rose and those that sent support and especially to SHC- my other " sister" for helping me get through the weekend.
    Little things keep popping in my head-
    -the fact that she didnt want me to trade my yellow saturn car in because she had a red focus and liked the fact it looked like mustard and ketchup when we parked side by side.
    - when she talked me into doing all the wigs for A Christmas Carol and I had over 60 wigs drying all over my house
    - she and Steve went to Edisto Island for a trip with us and arrived before one of my sons. She made a coupon for " free milk and cookies" to put in his room and made a " sanitized for your protection" strip over the toilet with toilet paper.
    - holding and almost losing the use of my hands when she got her Stanley Cup Tatoo ( with SHC in attendance as well) - and her using same tatoo in mooning some opposing team's fans.
    - running down the hallway at the Boardwalk Hotel at Walt Disney World, hiding behind columns and partitions pretending to be spies.
    - binge watching Restaurant Nightmares after her first hip surgery

I want to try to find all these little memories and write them down so I won't ever forget. I can still here her greeting " hey Jen" in my head.
    It breaks my heart I couldn't be there and so so thankful she had so many people love her that I wasn't missed.

I've been blessed by this message board. Even though I am a rare visitor now, I met my very best friends through LGC and also have some very good ones.

We are flying in at 1:30am in Saturday and leaving at 7am on Sunday but will be back for the following week for the whole week. I am available for giving and receiving big hugs. Its just a little bit darker now that her bright light is gone.

Well now I'm crying again, goddamnit.

Quote Originally Posted by guinevere View Post
    - running down the hallway at the Boardwalk Hotel at Walt Disney World, hiding behind columns and partitions pretending to be spies.
    Ha, hadn't though about that yet!
    That was a long-ass walk*....we had to have something to do! I think we have a million stories of how she made a long-ass walk special!

* though I've had longer, lol

Shell is offline I can see your five-hole Forum Admin
    All Star

I thought I posted this the other day but I don't see it so I probably got sad and went elsewhere.

Services for Shawn will be held at Montlawn Funeral Home in Raleigh on Saturday, July 16. Visitation will be from 1-2 pm with services at 2 pm.

Great stories Jen **hugs**