Thread: Training camp

Default Training camp

So, training camp has started and this sits is still dead. Anyone still out there?

Quote Originally Posted by Bob-in-Alberta View Post
    So, training camp has started and this sits is still dead. Anyone still out there?
    I meant to say "site". Not that anyone is listening. Hello?

Was it something I said?

We've all been hibernating. An undefeated season and championship is going take a lot of energy out of us over the next 9 months.

Ha! Yeah, it's sad to me to see this place so dead right now. I admit, I'm totally tuned out....and for the first time in 14 years won't have season tix this season but that's only because I'm moving to Nashville TN in about 3 weeks, lol. So, you're welcome everyone---this team is about to have a spectacular season!

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernHockeyChick View Post
    Ha! Yeah, it's sad to me to see this place so dead right now. I admit, I'm totally tuned out....and for the first time in 14 years won't have season tix this season but that's only because I'm moving to Nashville TN in about 3 weeks, lol. So, you're welcome everyone---this team is about to have a spectacular season!
    Hopefully your move goes well and there are good times ahead in Nashville. I've heard that it is very nice there and have it on my short list of possible holiday destinations. So, do you remain a Canes fan or do you jump on the Predator train?

Poor Bob---- Hello, I'm here & totally bummed that SHC & Mr. SHC are Nashville bound but so happy for them. It's going to be hella bizarre not to see them at PNC every game! But we'll see ya in Nashville on 11/5 for the Canes /Preds.

It's interesting losing Shawn (Canesluver) over the summer seems to have taken the steam out of starting threads and such, although summer has always been pretty quiet. I know she loved the preseason and getting going & the "hope" of a good season to come, I am truly hoping that happens this year, there are so many positives I see here, even more than I've seen in the past 4 or 5 years when I thought something good was coming our way.

Great to see an OT win last night even if it is a preseason game, anything is an improvement from the past few years in OT/SO.

I just spent a week in TO for the WC of Hockey- I'm trying to get myself back in the swing of things, I figure by Friday our first HOME preseason game, I'll have my act together

Ok everyone else, time to come on back..... the season is looming!

Quote Originally Posted by Bob-in-Alberta View Post
    Hopefully your move goes well and there are good times ahead in Nashville. I've heard that it is very nice there and have it on my short list of possible holiday destinations. So, do you remain a Canes fan or do you jump on the Predator train?
    Can I do both?

For you? Sure.

I confess to completely forgetting Lee Stempniak existed until he assisted on that Skinner goal.

Shell is offline I can see your five-hole Forum Admin
    All Star

still here too! So you decided to take it huh A? All the best to you!! Will miss you and S around here. Agree that Shawn was great at starting threads.. tomorrow would be her birthday

I am actually having lunch with the team tomorrow but need to study because I am out of touch with all the new kids. Does Gelinas still play for us?

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernHockeyChick View Post
    Say it isn't so! I don't think we've ever actually met, but I know I have seen you guys at just about every game I have been to in like...forever. Nashville is a great city, and the arena is right downtown with a lot of fun stuff to do. I hope all goes well with the move.

Yes, it's that time of the year again where we prepare to have our hopes dashed against the rocks.

Getting excited-- with caution-- but here!

We've lost/losing two stalwarts on this board- Shawn and now SHC! Time and life keep marching on...

I'm here. I tend to take a hiatus over the summer, but guess its time to get back on board.

SHC, good luck on your move to Nashville. Great city and yes you can be both a Preds/Canes fan (different conferences )

Final rosters are due at 5:00 tomorrow. With the pickups of Frk and Nakladal, anyone want to venture a guess at the final roster? Keep in mind that Frk has to be on the Canes roster.

This move by Ronnie has me stumped - especially the acquisition of the Nakladal guy when we're brimming with D. I'd like to see McKeown make the roster.

Nestrasil seemed over the moon when I asked him at the STHer party (when the news broke) about his friend Frk. If he's a "goal scorer" as purported, then he 'should' be in a top 6 role, right???

Thus my confusion all around.

On another topic---- Who's doing the honors of the Game day thread?

That was Canesluver/Shawn's job and not to bring the board down, I'm really going to miss her being the sunny, positive thread starter that always had the most optimism of any Canes fan I know. She loved this team so much. I looked over at her seats in 123 on Friday night & it was tough to look there and know we won't wave to her on opening night.

Sorry guys, she's on my mind a lot these days. Promise not to be a downer all season :-0

Now back to that roster .......

The roster is set and McKeown made the team...for now.

Forwards: Staal, Nestrasil, Lindholm, McClement, Aho, Stempniak, Stalberg, Bickell, PDG, Nordstrom, Rask, Skinner, Teravainen, Frk
    Dmen: Hanifin, Pesce, Faulk, McKeown, Hainsey, Slavin, Dahlbeck
    Goalies: Ward, Lack

Fleury, Carrick and Wallmark were sent to Charlotte. Murphy was put on IR. Foegele was sent back to Kingston, which gives them a problem. Kingston already has 3 overage players on their roster and that's all that is allowed. Francis said in an interview with David Glenn that he was good enough to make the roster but playing in Charlotte would hurt him, if that makes any sense. Nakladal has immigration problems and will likely join the team in Vancouver. When that happens, McKeown ends up in Charlotte.

Just saw that Francis and Peters are on Canes Corner at Backyard Bistro tonight-7PM. Guessing I can listen to this on the radio-- Maniscalco is the host??

Since I haven't seen it posted yet, as thought, no captain to start will have 4 alternates:

Staal (permanent)
    Faulk (permanent)
    Skinner (home)
    Rask (away)

Happy for Skinner. Kind of shocked on Rask, but good for him. And kind of shocked that they took it from Hainsey.

I'm excited for this season. I'm optimistic that this team can get in as a wildcard, but then again, i'm also realistic and think we continue to struggle scoring.