Thread: Canes General Game Thread 2016-17

Default Canes General Game Thread 2016-17

It doesn't look like we're going to get on the every day game thread like Canesluver used to start and with our ranks dwindling /or general lack of interest, this may make the most sense- post all your game thoughts here.

I don't know if last night could have been more brutal. 3-0 in the first and then an attempted comeback. Yep, sounds like the Canes we all know and love.

We've got one win in 6 games played.

Friday night, finally our first home game of the season and there is little excitement among the fan base about the season. How disappointing.

Can any of us play goaltender? We can't be any worse than what BP has been throwing between the pipes. Goaltending has been especially brutal. And Faulk.

Is it the goaltending or the goaltending coach? How can both goalies start off so poorly? The one common thing is the coach. Not that I want to throw anybody under the bus but??

I have no confidence whatsoever in Marcoux, but if the talent is there you'll still rise above even bad coaching. And Ward's Slow Starts™ started happening way before Marcoux nosed his way in. Mind you he hasn't helped matters and may have even detrimentally affected Lack, but at this point i'm going to say three wrongs don't make a right. Somebody's going to have to pick up the Hot Potato of Goaltending and run with it, even if it means we let those two ride the pine and call up Leighton. No, i don't think Leighton's the guy either, but can he really be any worse than what we've rolled out there so far?

Yeah- I think the blame the Coach thing is as played out as the whole Oh, it's bad... they have to start out on the road for (x number ) of games because of the ANNUAL STATE FAIR! That was the crux of today's article by Luke, talking about being on the road to start. HELLO? this happens every year. Nothing has changed in forever. This isn't a surprise that was laid on them, yet everyone (media, even fans) get all twisted up around the fair. Just win some games. Stop the blaming.

I'd like to Shell's son Coley the Goalie get in a game or two. He's on fire on his team, we need FIRE.

I'm happy for a game at home. I'm looking forward to it. But I'm not getting too high about it, because we can't seem to do well on home openers. But let's see what they're able to do & how "happy" I'll be at the end of the night. Rangers seem to be doing OK. I'm going to miss SHC being in Nashville now, we won't get to commiserate over how many NYR fans will be in the bldg

if you're heading out tonight, see ya there.

Haha, just watching on TV and saying I'm SO HAPPY I'm not having to deal with that blue mass of a**hole!!

Oddly, it seemed like a smaller NYR crowd in the bldg on Friday.

Was nice to finally see a win on Opening Night. I still can't believe it had been since 2008.

Last night vs PHI was an epic fail. That shorty was brutal and for some reason it feels like this team is just not on the same page. Yes, we have a few new people, the Coach wasn't with the team to start because of the WCH - etc. etc. However, the majority of the team has played for Coach BP. they should have called up some Charlotte guys. I'm not sold at all on this Dahlbeck dude. He's awful and he's bringing down Hanifin.

Skinner looks like he's a man on a mission. A true positive. I'm not sure WTH happened with Rask on that flub with the puck that lead to the shorty, he's been so solid since the beginning - he gets a pass. Stempniak is a really good add. Aho should have some goals by now, he's so close, another pass for him. Everything else is off kilter and they need to fix it.

Ottawa was on a long road trip similar to what Philly had been on before we cured them, the Canes better take advantage.

We had a flight and hotel booked for Nashville for their game vs the Canes next weekend. Mr. Socal cancelled it after last night's game. To which I'm bummed only because I was looking forward to seeing SHC and her hub and hearing how they're getting settled, but I get where Mr. Socal is coming from, he's finally to the point of losing his patience, where I was already there 2 years ago. Our alternate plan is to go to Nashville for a random game like we did a few years ago- it was Ducks and NSH and so much fun because we were just there as spectators, not all heavily invested in the outcome.

I'm kinda not in the mood for win one, lose one, they've got to get on a streak, not lose to divisional opponents.

If I had to pick a "random" NSH game to attend, I'd certainly be checking to see if Montreal is visiting there at a good time...

It's November 2nd and the Canes have the fewest wins in the league. It's comforting to know that in a crazy and unpredictable 2016, some things never change.

I don't know...I think this team is better than last year's edition but they have got to string a few wins together or else they're going to lose touch with the pack by Thanksgiving and we all know the odds of coming back from that are pretty slim.

it's the end of November and still dead in here, but the Canes have won 4 in a row... WOOO!

They're 3 points out of a playoff spot. That alone requires a celebration. Now, let's see if they can make some traction on this road trip to Canada; Leafs first then Habs on Thanksgiving Day.

What was impressive last night was that WPG tried to thug it up and throw weight around, and the Canes didn't freak out or wilt. I'm already not a fan of the Jets, they solidified my dislike in that game last night, Although I am a huge fan of the Finnish kid Laine. Too bad he got stuck with that org.

Amazing! The Canes found a way to string some wins together after that fail vs ANA to start the 5 game homestand, now, not to crumble.

A winnable game coming up against Toronto would be the first 5 game win streak since the 09/10 season.

The Canes have lost 4 straight.