Thread: The SoCals 500th game

Default The SoCals 500th game

I think I saw a nice little acknowledgement at the game. It's a real Ironman/Ironwoman streak

Pretty amazing really!

Thank you guys! Yes, that was us. My hubby didn't die from embarassment of being on the video board and the 500th consecutive game is in the books. Was not expecting the acknowledgement at all, but that Doug Warf, who we have known for years as he's made his way up thru the organization, kind of laid it on us when we walked in PNC arena on Friday night. He knows Todd well enough that he's not big on too much rah-rah, so it was really low key.

What was at first this dare to himself by my husband to see how far we'd go, turned into 500 games. It just wasn't our intent when we started it, my hub has a Rain Man thing about him with numbers and stats, and this one was just kinda the by product, lol. The visit from Stormy and the Hometown Series framed and signed poster (RF, Rod B, Ward, Rask, Slavin, JStaal) was a really nice touch. Great night overall - but more importantly a WIN vs MTL!

Good for you guys. I know this place is on life support (and the patient looks dead), but I didn't want this to go unmentioned. The Canes are lucky to have fans like you.